Pictures from a recent few trips out.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ayup all,

Its been a while since I posted any pictures of the woods so here are a few. Forever looking at the trip reports we all post on here and it can make a dreary day stuck indoors a little more bearable :)

Recent trip in the freezing fog. Panorama fun thanks to a tip on here.

IMAG1562_zps23bd8fdd.jpg

Bow in the fog

P1010051-1_zps07bba118.jpg

Cold snowy sun down.

IMAG1533_zps67d2016d.jpg

another panorama

IMAG1561_zpsfc2f60c7.jpg

Bit of an odd setup

P1010062-1_zps608623d4.jpg

IMAG1072_BURST002_zpsa197e8c1.jpg

Fruit on a climber, late autumn any takers?

IMAG1077_zps8b165333.jpg

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Cheers Dread. Question for photobucket users, why does the album seem to show the pictures that have been uploaded according to the date they were taken? Only happened recently. If you upload an old photo then the damn thing vanishes in the the mists of time ten pages below???

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice pics there mate, looks like some nice outdoors time. :)

Ay i've noticed the photobucket thing lately too. I wanted to show someone a pic of an older knife. Couldn't be bothered searching through hundreds of photos so uploaded it again, wasn't there. Eh?... did it again... not there....***. So i had to search through all my pics to find the one i wanted and when i found it, there were 3 of em, side by side. The original and the 2 i'd just uploaded.. Git. :D

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Yeah, great pics. I particuarly like the snowscape...............................but don't get me started on :censored: Photobucket, I'll get myself banned..:aargh4:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great pics Dwardo

I think Photoshop is about to get even more annoying when they switch to the new interface, I've been saying no to the switch for a few months but I think they're enforcing it in a couple of weeks. Bit annoyed really as I pay for pro membership and I'm likely to move to Flickr

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice pics there mate, looks like some nice outdoors time. :)

Ay i've noticed the photobucket thing lately too. I wanted to show someone a pic of an older knife. Couldn't be bothered searching through hundreds of photos so uploaded it again, wasn't there. Eh?... did it again... not there....***. So i had to search through all my pics to find the one i wanted and when i found it, there were 3 of em, side by side. The original and the 2 i'd just uploaded.. Git. :D

Yeah, great pics. I particuarly like the snowscape...............................but don't get me started on :censored: Photobucket, I'll get myself banned..:aargh4:

Great pics Dwardo

I think Photoshop is about to get even more annoying when they switch to the new interface, I've been saying no to the switch for a few months but I think they're enforcing it in a couple of weeks. Bit annoyed really as I pay for pro membership and I'm likely to move to Flickr

Not just me then. I even tried searching through all the display options with no joy at all and I kinda do "settings" for a living. :(
Anyone take a stab at the fruit on the climber?

I had uploaded quite a few others but struggling to find them :(

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Far be it from me to argue with Stuart - who is far wiser than I am - but I would have said white bryony for the fruit?

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Far be it from me to argue with Stuart - who is far wiser than I am - but I would have said white bryony for the fruit?

The berries in the photo look slightly oval, otherwise id be inclined to agree.

Hi folks, they may very well be White Bryony. Its just that me and White Bryony have never been introduced to each other, on my wanderings around the countryside.
I was base-ing my guess on the shape of the fruit, which looked plum tomato shaped, also the berries of Bittersweet ripen from green to yellow and then finally to red, but i could be wrong though, as i say i have never had the pleasure to meet White Bryony in the flesh, so to speak.

Cheers Stuart.

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The more I think about it, the more I'm sure you are right stuart...based on shape and colour variation

This is white bryony on the leaf

White Bryony by British Red, on Flickr

As you can see there is colour variation in the fruit...but they are rounder

When the leaf is off you do get the "berry on a string" look - but the berries are generally universally red and more clustered

Bryony by British Red, on Flickr

The reason you wouldn't have seen it stuart is that I believe it is mainly South East in its distribution up as far as the Midlands. Oh by the by many people know it as Bryony rather than the older folkloric name of Mandrake

So, in conclusion I'm pretty sure you were right - bittersweet :eek:

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thanks chaps. I managed to find another photo which is only slightly better so have blown it up and cropped it best as i can from this machine.
Certainly stuck out at that time of year, almost looked good enough to eat ;)
climbertoupload_zpsaf63bf7d.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE