Pics from my own PC?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

middlewolf

Feb 12, 2017
Portland, OR
Can anyone tell me how to load pics from my own PC? All I see is the URL locator window and I don't use pic storage on line for my own bushcraft photos. This is a little different then on BCUSA. An email to mycourtier@gmail.com would help, or a PM, thanks. Windows XP machine.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Most forums cannot support the bandwidth of loads of pics, so an external host like Photobucket or Flickr is needed to create a link to the pic. The pic will display in your posts, but doesn't take up bandwidth.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Without being a fee-paying full member, the best thing is to open your pictures one at a time with Windows Picture Manager. In that, you can crop and resize to "internet large" 480 x 640.
Next rename and save so you don't overwrite the original. A Photobucket account is free. In the library part, make a bunch of folders.

Open "My Pictures" and use the double arrow to resize it to about 1/2 screen. Go to Photobucket and RC to open in a new tab. Resize that to 1/2 screen.
Now with the two of them, side-by-side, open a picture folder and ope a PB library folder and click and drag your pix to a folder, then do another one.

That's that.

In a thread or a new thread, Go Advanced to start or reply. I found that works best with PB.
Write something. LC on your Fav List to find PB.
RC to open PB in a new tab. Go to library>folder> DC on pic of choice to open it.
Look on the right side . . . . something about copy picture location. RC on that, LC to copy.
Now, up at the very top of your screen, upper top left, LC in the middle of the tab for BCUK.
Find the little "Insert Image" icon. LC on that, paste in the space, LC on OK at the bottom of the window.

I think that this will work. I have typed instructions that I made up and normally mislay them 2 or 3 times per week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE