Photography Competitions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I was wondering if any fellow photographers regularly or sometimes submit photos into competitions (other than the one Steve runs here)? If so where do you find these competitions and are there any good ones to enter regularly?

One thing I am never sure of is if my work is good enough to compete, especially after seeing some of the results from competitions. Is it just me that feels like that or does anyone else?

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
READ THE RULES! MEET THE BRIEF! Have a go! Be persistent! Never EXPECT to win but listen to feedback...
Join a local photo club to learn lots, and, good luck!

Hi Andy, I regularly submit photographs to the 'Real Housewives of East Lothian' site. I haven't won anything yet (don't tell Tricia please).

:)

Windy

Haha Windy, I might do....depends if you are all going to the moot this year. :) I hate to think what the prize is.

Nic a char - I have looked at local clubs but they are not really local for me. So most if any feedback is done through here/facebook/flickr. So I never really get a true impression of the feedback from that.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I have not bothered much with contest as my photos are not good enough to win I am improving though.

Nic a char - I have looked at local clubs but they are not really local for me. So most if any feedback is done through here/facebook/flickr. So I never really get a true impression of the feedback from that.

Andy if you are after real crytique of you shots in order to improve them try a photo forum see link below. Having had a quick looked on your website the shots are good/great

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE