Photobucket.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello guys,

I need help with Photobucket if any of you would be so kind.
I joined Photobucket lastnight but don't know how to transfer photos from there to here!

I know BR wrote a thread using ImageShack, but you see I'm completely thick when it comes to computers:confused: :eek: , so if anyone can help me transfer my photos using Photobucket then it would be much appreciated.

M

mikehill

Upload your photo's and under the picture you want to use, click the url link. This should copy it into your clipboard. Then come here and click on the "Insert image" button and paste the url (Control and V) in, click OK and it should appear :)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well I thought I had but its not working now and the insert picture screen is different to what it was earlier today on my work computer, is this normal?
All I'm getting now is this
100_1457.jpg
[/IMG]
Even though I am doing exactly the same as I did earlier to up load here:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23791

I don't know whats gone wrong can any of you guys help!

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
john I have got as far as down loading photo images still cant see where to click next or how to get the pictures to a thread in BCUK Ive signed with photo bucket just cant work what the link is in acheaving this thanks ps sorry to be a pain

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
john I have got as far as down loading photo images still cant see where to click next or how to get the pictures to a thread in BCUK Ive signed with photo bucket just cant work what the link is in acheaving this thanks ps to be a pain

Ok, you have uploaded a photo into photoshop...Go into 'my album' and find the photo. Next do a left click on the bottom link under the photo, where it says 'img code'. The photo is now copied...Now you want to stick it onto a post in a thread, so you are writing your post and get to the part where you want your photo attached. You simply right click and in the box that opens up, click paste, you photo will be attached, but you will not see it until you submit the post, or preview it. It will look like this when you paste it http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s188/jonpickett/wildcarrotplantsSmall.jpg[/IMG . I have left off the final ] bracket there to stop it from showing the photo, but with that last bracket in place it becomes this...
[IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s188/jonpickett/wildcarrotplantsSmall.jpg
I hope this help you....

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I've tried posting photos a couple of times recently by uploading files from my PC and using with Photobucket.

I've tried changing the file sizes so the are within the set limits but still no pictures just "boxs with red crosses"?????

Is there someone from Bushcraft who could give us all some advice or write some instructions to follow maybe?

Regards Richard.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
ok this may completely confuse you but here goes :rolleyes:

1. once you have uploaded your pics into photobucket, they apear in your album, select the one you wish to post, in this case i want the one of the dragonflies (second along).

Image1.jpg

2. Next tick the box along side the required picture, the options at the bottom of the page are now selectable, we want the "generate HTML and IMG code" button, click this now.

Image3.jpg

3. now you have a new page, as below with various lines of "code" depending on wheather the image is "clickable" or not, the one we want for the forums is "IMG images for message boards "

Image4.jpg

4.clicking anywhere on this text will copy it to your computers clipboard, briefly a yellow box will apear on the left highlighting COPIED, if you have done it corretly, as below

Image5.jpg

5. now when you are ready to insert the picture into your post, click the "insert image" button at the point you want it to apear, (if using photobucket, you can skip steps 5-7 and right click directly into your post and paste the code that way), if you want to use the image button here it is:

Image6.jpg

6. this pops up this new box, either right click in the box and select paste or use the shortcut CTRL + V

Image7.jpg

7. this is where people have been getting stuck, if you paste were the curser is flashing and click ok, the code inserted into your post will be similar to this

Image8.jpg

notice that are there TWO img http// before and two /img tags after the the link, this is wrong and will result in the red cross, if you end up with this, simple delete the extra bits so it looks like the line in step 8:

8. your code should look like this:

Image9.jpg

That's it, preview your post and your pic should be displayed in all it's glory. :D

P1010107a.jpg

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
that's right, you don't acctually ned to use the insert image box, once ou know the link, simply paste it in, if your writing a post with lots of pictures, such as my mini tutorial, you can simply copy and paste the image links directly into the post and just change the image file number to point to the relevent image hosted on photobucket :)

Nichola

Jul 17, 2007
Hi. I'm really sorry to be a pain. I've tried now for a couple of days to put a picture on a thread. I've read the walk-through written by Red, and i've tried this way aswell. The problem is i haven't got an 'insert image' option. I've tried to cut and paste it directly onto the thread but it won't work. On my profile details it says that i can't add attachments to threads. Is this the problem??? Sorry again!!! Nichola

Nichola

Jul 17, 2007
Just re-read my reply. The thread has cut out the word 's0rry' twice! Does anyone know why?????

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK I had the same problem for ages but I finally got my head around it.
Step 1: Join Photobucket
Step 2: Upload photos to photobucket from you computer
Step 3: When photos are uploaded edit them using the Edit button which you will find above the picture, resize to Website / email size 320 x 240(it gives you this option)
Step 4: Open a new window and for BCUK reply page, to what ever your going to reply to or a new thread for instance.
Step 5:Go back to photobucket and left click on IMG code (it will flash COPIED)
Step 6: Go back to the BCUK window, position your cursor on the reply where you want the picture, Right click and Paste. You should get a photo code line.
Step 7: Preview the reply. Make sure your photo is ok then submit the reply.

I hope this helps!:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE