Photobucket fix

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Not sure if this has been done already, but I'll post just in case. I know a lot of people were upset about their logs and such being neutered, not any more.

For chrome users:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...ed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en
For firefox users:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/
For Edge/explorer users:
:lmao:

Just install the add-on, and you'll be able to view all the photobucket pictures that were previously dead. Long live the old threads. Works great for me on chrome.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
to be honest, photobucket was always a bit of a ball ache. I finally gave up and went over to lfikr a year or so ago and haven't had any issues since, whether chrome or firefox

Yeah, but loads of people didn't. It's made a huge dent in blogs and forums worldwide. I read somewhere that Flickr might be going the same route. If this fix works, and I'm about to try it, then it should restore important tutorial pics etc.

I'm not too familiar with either Chrome or Firefox, I tend to use Safari, so I'm downloading the apps to my iPad now.

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
to be honest, photobucket was always a bit of a ball ache. I finally gave up and went over to lfikr a year or so ago and haven't had any issues since, whether chrome or firefox

This is not for people who use photobucket, but rather for anyone who wants to say read a thread on a canoe adventure, but all they see for pictures are the photobucket error message. Now you can see any photobucket image from posters who's photo's have been blocked from hotlinking.

Yeah, but loads of people didn't. It's made a huge dent in blogs and forums worldwide. I read somewhere that Flickr might be going the same route. If this fix works, and I'm about to try it, then it should restore important tutorial pics etc.

I'm not too familiar with either Chrome or Firefox, I tend to use Safari, so I'm downloading the apps to my iPad now.

Not sure if the ad-ons work with mobile browsers. Report back if they do :)

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France

It's not to help you as the owner of the photos, but you as the viewer - they'll often still show for the owner, but not the viewer. So you can now see the photos of people whose accounts have been held to ransom by PB

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Just spent less than 30 seconds getting this, Firefox on a Linux system, and it works a treat straight out of the box; excellent spot, for which I thank you muchly - it'll make a huge difference to me :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Best post ever Hugh, thank you. :) I've spread the links about. It works.:You_Rock_

I find it very satisfying that after the ransom, Photobucket are receiving a good shafting in return.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Anybody else had a problem with this fix?

Stopped working for me on F'Fox, re-installed and fettled but won't work; I wonder if they've found a way around it?

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
The curse of photobucket. I cant even download all of MY own pictures from the damn site without an error message. tried on all browsers, no change. they are probably doing it on purpose.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE