Photo upload

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I want to show off my new cup, but the images won't upload? how do I reduce a photo to fit. And how do I show more than one pic on a forum

leon-1

If you are using windows xp there is a power toy for it, Image Resizer

Click the link above, download and install. Once installed right click on image, click resize, it will give you the option of small, medium, large or custom.

If you are using Linux then you can use either Gimp or showfoto to resize image.

If you are using Vista then you're mad (or you will be after a short period of time as vista has that effect on people) and I am of no help to you at all, although I may be able to dig out a phone number of a good psychiatrist.:rolleyes::D:D

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
The gallery recognises me now but all thumbnails are blank.

When I try and upload a photo I get the following message:

/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/uploads/6175: Error creating directory (check permissions).

Please notify the System Administrator.

leon-1

/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/uploads/6175: Error creating directory (check permissions).

Hi mate Tony was looking into the problem with the gallery earlier on today and I know he was looking into the thumbnails being blank, hopefully it will be sorted in a short space of time.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!

Have you notified the Administrator? Your computer will blow up if you don't!

:D

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Try Irfanview (there are other image manipulators available ;) ) It's free to download from here and it's pretty easy to use. When you have your image up just hit image > resize then click half or pick a standard dimension then save it again (as say filename_small)

HTH

Alan

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
Just wanted to see if i have got it sussed!
DSC00346.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE