Photo recovery sd card

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Can anyone help me with recovering photos from sd card, the camera got wet after a recent accident and the computer wants to format the card. But there's approximately 50 photos of a recent trip. I've had a go at a couple of recovery programs but no joy.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
If you haven't already, Give Pandora Recovery a bash, It's mainly for recovering deleted Photo's n stuff, But it might be worth a try and it's Free

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
recuva is worth a bash too, although if the file system is borked it'll struggle. theres also cardrecovery.com, they do a nice deal where it'll scan the card for free and show you whats recoverable, if you want to recover it you can then pay the license fee to unlock that.

Bindle

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2014
The Mendips
Have you tried putting the card in a dish of rice? It draws moisture out of the card, but as it happened a while ago it may not work, may well be worth a try though. This also works for most electronic items, BUT if you know your device has got wet, do not check first to see if it works by switching it on. Take it to bits, bury it in rice for at least 24 hours and keep everything crossed!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Can anyone help me with recovering photos from sd card, the camera got wet after a recent accident and the computer wants to format the card. But there's approximately 50 photos of a recent trip. I've had a go at a couple of recovery programs but no joy.

It might be destroyed, but for pity's sake stop trying to recover it yourself.

I can try to read it for you but it sounds very much like you will have done even more damage in ill-advised recovery attempts already than you did with the water.

If you think it's a total loss you can post it to me and I'll let you know what I find.

PM me if you want me to give it a try.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE