Photo posting problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Not for the first time, I am in shtuck with the uploading process, to Gallery.

Yesterday, I tried a thrash at posting pics on this new format and, clearly I goofed it.

It seems to me, that on this first attempt, I had (due to cack-handedness), forgotten to reduce the file size to below limits.
I dunno how to scrub that attempt, so I did reduce the file , for the second attempt and tried again.

No, joy at all.

I now have 2 in the queue and no idea how to get at them and clear them out.
Furthermore, I do not understand the Swahili contained in the error message which was generated on each attempt.

Has anyone any ideas that do not include the use of percussive tools, swear words, thin screwdrivers or, WD40 ?

Ceeg

leon-1

Ceeg, I was just looking at the members gallery and you don't appear to have any pictures in there at all and I am sure you had a few in there at least.

For this one I think we will need an admin to sort it out mate. I'll see if we can find out anything.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Ceeg, I was just looking at the members gallery and you don't appear to have any pictures in there at all and I am sure you had a few in there at least.

For this one I think we will need an admin to sort it out mate. I'll see if we can find out anything.

Th' art a gent, a scholar and a fine judge of horseflesh.
Thanks

Ceeg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I have the same problem. I have a feeling that the two in my queue are due to the size of file I tried to upload being too big :slap: and I can't get to them to correct/delete them. Realising that I needed to upload the picture in a smaller file size, I tried again (compressed to 50.4kb). This time I got the message:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x75 -quality 70 -geometry 100x75 -unsharp 10 '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/data500/thumbs/Copy_of_S7300549.JPG'

The compressed file isn't showing in my queue.

Although I can't post a picture into the gallery I can post replies, open threads and post pictures in a thread.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Hi Ceeg, to keep you in the loop, I have spoken to the bosses :D and they will be looking into it for you. When they know more they'll let us know, thanks for you patience on this.

Thanks for the heads-up, Leon-1.
As you see, I aint the only one who has gummed up the works.
Your intervention gratefully acknowleged.

All I wanted to do, was post up a pic for Reds "Crabby Corner".

I do understand that it will take time to sort out , and the fellahs have much other stuff to deal with....so
I will just wait for something to happen and meanwhiles, bite the 'eds off a few whippets.

rgds
Ceeg

leon-1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x75 -quality 70 -geometry 100x75 -unsharp 10 '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/data500/thumbs/Copy_of_S7300549.JPG'

Well that all looks quite simple:eek:.

So by the file structure we can see that it is a Linux based system, mogrify is a command within image magic used for scaling and modifying images. So by the looks of it, either it could not resize the image or it could not store the image.

This could be something to do with access rights within a *nix system, but that is only guess work. The guys will sort it, but sometimes things aren't clear cut in Linux.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I must really have a gummed up problem. This is the picture I was trying to put into the gallery:

copyofs7300549ms0.jpg

I can get it into the forum but not the gallery :confused: .
The other (linux) problem is that I only use Windows - as to why I've got linux code in there :dunno:.

leon-1

I must really have a gummed up problem. This is the picture I was trying to put into the gallery:

copyofs7300549ms0.jpg

I can get it into the forum but not the gallery :confused: .
The other (linux) problem is that I only use Windows - as to why I've got linux code in there :dunno:.

Hi mate the code is not yours, it is generated by the server that Hosts BCUK. In some ways it's great because it is telling you what is going wrong with an error code.

Effectively the code is generated to create a thumbnail of the picture that you are trying to upload. That thumbnail is then stored on the server in a specific directory, if for some reason it cannot generate the thumbnail or store the thumbnail it will abort the upload of the picture.

Which is what appears to of happened to you.

Now the really clever admin type guys will probably know what the next step is in the process, if it hasn't been able to do the next step then they should be able to work out why from the error code and the stuff that it has generated on screen.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks for the intervention and update - I'm a tad less confused now :lmao: .

Stuff always gets sorted in the end - but only through effective communications (I like that line, think I should copyright it :thinkerg: ...... Nah!)

Thanks again :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Mine did the same 2 weeks-ish ago and committed genocide as it went :aargh4: :banghead: :AR15firin . I had considered the possibility of whether the inability to upload into the gallery was at my end - but it seems not :).

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
So what's my problem (other than...) ?
Still trying to illustrate an long-out-of-date review from my desktop.

Command:
"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x88 -quality 70 -geometry 100x88 -unsharp 10 '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/data500/thumbs/Hangi.jpg'

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Not for the first time, I am in shtuck with the uploading process, to Gallery.

Yesterday, I tried a thrash at posting pics on this new format and, clearly I goofed it.

It seems to me, that on this first attempt, I had (due to cack-handedness), forgotten to reduce the file size to below limits.
I dunno how to scrub that attempt, so I did reduce the file , for the second attempt and tried again.

No, joy at all.

I now have 2 in the queue and no idea how to get at them and clear them out.
Furthermore, I do not understand the Swahili contained in the error message which was generated on each attempt.

Has anyone any ideas that do not include the use of percussive tools, swear words, thin screwdrivers or, WD40 ?

Ceeg

Either, someone has been busy behind the lines and fixed things, or I chanced on a missapplication of digits which worked......I can post to Gallery!

After the site was unavailable (yesterday?), I found I could highlight the 2 files queued and then I entered zero and pressed the tit.
The figure shown, in the queue, didn,t actually change iirc, but I did get yet another incomprehensible error msg, so I backtracked once and found that the queue box was now empty........I didnt know you could do that.

Congrats and thanks to the data donkeys who , once again, have waved their magic wands,:You_Rock_

Chuffed.

Ceeg

leon-1

Good to hear that it is working for you now Ceeg, I know that the admin that was working on it is a little busy at the moment, but when you posted he was not aware that there was a problem so he sent his thanks for highlighting it.

If you make it to the gathering this year I'll see you there, all the best.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Since noticed that my review (complete with photos) is on the reviews page: thanks for that ! (and apologies for not expressing gratitude earlier)
Still confused about the gallery, though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE