Phone upgrade time...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I've had my htc Desire for nearly 2 years now and it's time to 'upgrade'. Are there any phones that are noticeably better than my current phone or should I just switch to a cheaper tarriff instead?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've grabbed a HTC one x on my upgrade......and I'm.chuffed to bits with it . Just a tad larger than ideal, but what a tool . Running on android ice cream (the highest for an android phone ?) It's fast and more than capable for any of the apps I use.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

JamieA

Need to contact Admin...
May 22, 2012
Swansea, South Wales
I got the Samsung s2 about a year ago now and its awesome, will prob go straight to the s4 but the s3 looks pretty good. Hoping now you've gone android you'll never go back, apple are evil :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Windows 8 is out Q4 so it may be worth waiting to see what new phones are launched to run it. I bought a Galaxy S2, super phone but I'm going to W8 for a change.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
If you're wanting to stick with android (wise choice) then I would strongly suggest the galaxy nexus. Its been out since December! So other phones are younger and on paper look better! However, galaxy nexus is pure Google. So there's no overlay like sense or touch whiz to slow it down.
It also gets the updates on day dot. Mine got jellybean last week. S3 won't get it till next year!

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
ive got the S3 and it is amazing, so much better than the htc sensation I had before

ive got a 32gb card full of music and ray mears videos , so that ruled out the one x for me as it has no sd slot
the 16gb internal memory on s3 is fine for apps, ove got over 300 installed, so I can use the sd card just for music and videos.

Also with a small adapter, you can plug USB Hard dri9ves, memory stocks, game controlelrs, mice and keyboard in to the S3

just a reminder from previous post, my favourite bushcraft app is Locus pro, awesome navigation app, ise use the OS map layer and save for offline use.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I got the Samsung s2 about a year ago now and its awesome, will prob go straight to the s4 but the s3 looks pretty good. Hoping now you've gone android you'll never go back, apple are evil :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Love my S2.

Might be worth ringing who you got your contract with. They might give you cheaper contract and an S2. S2 was best Android phone until the One X and S3 came out.

Nexus has no SD slot, so you limited to what you can put on it. I can read books on my S2, I could watch films etc, and can listern to music. All in one device, which also has GPS etc. Put it in an Otterbox and smile.

I have yet to see anything which would make me buy a Windows phone. Lets be honest, if android was a PC os and it would play the latest games, microsoft would be in really trouble.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My lad is running Windows Mango on his phone and its very slick. I've set up a PC running W8 preview, and thats pretty slick too. W7 is great but I like the metro interface on 8 and there is so much going on in its development that it will be the most vibrant OS around I think. Really looking forward to getting a Microsoft Surface tablet asap after launch, it looks the dogs dangles with super performance plus a phone to match.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i thought phones were for sending and receiving calls thats what i have my iPhone for regards dave

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Samsung pretty much the market leaders in mobile technology,ive got the galaxy ace so samsung got my vote.

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
theres always something shinier/newer, the key question is what more do YOU need. The desire is renowned for being low on phone memory, but if you're sensible about it, it works.

What are you using yours for....and what are you missing?

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Another vote for the S3 I've got the 32gb version there is supposed to be a 64gb one on the way but with a few SD cards including 1 64gb for media I still have some internal space left even with Europe and US sat navigation maps together with tons of Memory Map mapping and lots of reference material and a fair few apps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE