phone batteries?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Anyone know a gd place to get a Samsung galaxy S2 battery? Reputable retailers that is. Don't trust Ebay yet.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
any of the phone shops, either someone like carphone warehouse or one of the network shops e.g. orange, O2 etc. they'll all stock them i'd have thought

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I got an larger capacity battery for my Samsung Galaxy on Amazon and it was much cheaper than any that I saw in phone shops or most places online.

The only place I saw cheaper ones was on ebay, mostly from China/Taiwan but was a bit too wary of taking the risk.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
My daughter bought off ebay for her and my S2, no problem and also bought the extended (think thicker) battery and rear cover.

I'll ask her for a link to the seller(s), both are fine.

This sort of thing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3500mah-H...ultDomain_3&hash=item4ab011eab3#ht_777wt_1168 makes a big difference.

Four AA's and best part of three full charges for standard battery.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/aa-battery-usb-emergency-backup-power-and-charger-pack-15048

I recently bought a new battery for my HTC Desire which was a waste of money as i have just changed it for a HTC ONE X. Problem is the battery is now sealed like the Iphones etc.
The AA charger looks great but are there any alternatives you know of in the UK? Swore blind I would never use DealExreme again after having loads of grief with them on two seperate occasions.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
It's a shame they all don't standardise. Like they did with micro USB on smartphones. Well some have that hd TV.connectivity with the USB others don't but both charge phone s with either version of micro USB. Just wish I cld swap my battery from works BB to the s2 as,latter more important when in hills.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I recently bought a new battery for my HTC Desire which was a waste of money as i have just changed it for a HTC ONE X. Problem is the battery is now sealed like the Iphones etc.
The AA charger looks great but are there any alternatives you know of in the UK? Swore blind I would never use DealExreme again after having loads of grief with them on two seperate occasions.

To be honest at £2.45 you've not much to loose on the charger, they work well on anything that can take a USB charge such as a Kindle.

Why are phone makers sealing batteries in? That would rule out any phone that did this for me.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
To be honest at £2.45 you've not much to loose on the charger, they work well on anything that can take a USB charge such as a Kindle.

Why are phone makers sealing batteries in? That would rule out any phone that did this for me.

So far as I can understand they are sealing in batteries in a bid to reduce weight and physical size with the added ashetics of the thing. They are all going that way now but in fairness the batteries do have a much longer life span these days.
I would just go and take a punt on the DX charger but their lack of service stuck in my throte so much I would not give em another penny. Others may have better expereinces than mine. I am sure i will come across something similar from a UK based supplier, few quid more expected.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE