pets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Bit of an annual discussion this one, the answer from Tony will be a firm 'no'.

A very firm No :D

Thing is as you can bring your 'very well behaved' dogs, then so can others - as they also will have 'very well behaved' dogs. One dog isn't another, same goes for people who find their dog is 'very well behaved', while that opinion isn't shared by others.
It's just not worth the moaning during the Moot.
:)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
the site policy is no dogs adn we would also share the same view independently of that. I know it's an inconvenience for some and that there are dogs that are very well behaved but a blanket rule on this let's everyone know where they stand.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Although I had a dog of my own for 14 years I would never have inflicted him on others - despite him being "well behaved".
I have had my pitch invaded and damaged by others "well behaved" dogs (including those owned by good friends) and find it annoying - to say the least!
I have nothing against pets and know that some are more "family members" than pets....but I prefer meets where there are only humans and wildlife around - and even some of those catagories can be a pain at times (no one loves a midge!). Some "well behaved" dogs just do what comes naturally to them at times and in places that can prove very trying...and some dogs are better behaved than their owners - when it comes to cleaning up!
I am fully in favour of the pets ban at the Moot but would love to meet folks pets at other times :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
A few years ago someone took it into their heads to shun the advice and bring along their well behaved puppy - and I had to visit them on a number of occasions to come and clean up after it performed its business near my childs hammock - definately something I don't want to repeat.
My own dog goes off elsewhere during the moot and I can't see why others are so perturbed by the rule.

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE