Petromax/Kelly Kettle Bag Compatibility

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi all,
Looking at the Petromax kettle bags for my Kelly Kettle. Does anyone know if the Petromax bags (there are two sizes) fit any of the Kelly Kettle styles? Want something a bit more robust than the nylon sack that come with the Kelly Kettle.
Thanks!

Last edited:

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
Never seen them but there is someone on eBay selling a heavy duty nylon bag with a zip.
It is a shaped bag and everything fits very neatly inside and with a little bit of room to spare.
I strap mine in its case to the underside of my rucksack as the nylon is so thick that it is virtually waterproof !

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
If I knew how to put the link on here I would but they are easy enough to find, just search for ghillie kettle case on eBay
They are £15 and I just read the description and they are waterproof.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't know MikeyP, but if you use a drybag, or stuff sack, and one of the cheap roll mats (poundstore's are clearing them out just now since it's off season) and cut it up to fit inside (it tapes together with gaffer tape) it'll protect it fine.
I did this for a bag to carry a tilley lantern.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE