penrith survival equipment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
They've been around a long while and I've visited their shop a few times on the way home from the lakes.

The kit is generally top quality if not always the cheapest. Top quality doesn't always mean you need it though.

Scoops

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Agreed I have also been to their shop on the A66

They used to be in Moorland years ago but now a much larger shop

Worth a visit if you are local or traveling near Penrith on the M6

Dana Hawkeye

Oct 1, 2008
England
They used to be called Survival aids and I used to drool over their catalogues.. Very good company....Still..

They seem to have changed though. I liked it when they were called Survival Aids, way back in the 1980's - They used to have some very good gear of their own that they produced. Sad to see that they are a shadow of their former self.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Funnily enough i received a a copy of the catalogue today. Used the company a while back!

No complaints at all! Nice new catalogue too!

Dan

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I had a catalogue in the post recently. I bought my Buffalo S6 shirt from them a while ago - they were the cheapest and it arrived quickly.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I bought........one of those tritium glowy key ring jobs so I can find my torch in the dark.

Dull huh?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've been eyeing up a framed midgie net bivvy bag thingie in their new catalogue :rolleyes: But seriously how often am I likely to use it ? :dunno:

I've bought stuff from them before and always been happy with the service.

cheers,
Toddy

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
i keep meaning to pop in whenever i am returning from down south but i keep getting flown up instead and having a poor freelancer drive the gear back LOL.

Good choice but some of their stuff is pricier than others and not by a couple of quid.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Bought a rucksack from the last year. Very good service. Had a good chat with the guy on the phone.

Would use them again

Andy

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Called in and bought a couple of 58 pattern water bottles just a few days back. Lots of good kit, some reasonably priced some high, but for the most part top quality.
Helpful staff too. Never used them on line though.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE