Pathfinder SS canteen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Folks,

Has anyone got one of the above? Not the klean kanteen type but the other canteen style? If so, does it fit in a crusader or 58 pattern metal mug? This has been bugging me for awhile now and thought I'd share it here instead of emailing Hennie or the Bushcraft Store for an answer!!

Thanks all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Thanks mate; shame! The eternal search for a steel canteen continues!
I wonder why they haven't been mass produced by a supplier or such, it seems there is a huge market in the bushcraft world. Even China hasn't bought into it yet? I wonder if a shop like the bushcraft store would look into having a few hundred units made up?

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Used mine in earnest first time this weekend although I'm still waiting for Heinnie to supply my flask suspender thingy after weeks.

The mug and flask wouldn't fit a crusader pouch but does fit my Maxpedition side pouch on my Kodiak brilliantly.

Quality of the stainless is good but I'm not sure that the lid is the best design. My Sig bottle will store water ages with no issue but the lid made the mouth of the flask taste and smell mouldy after a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I like the other version of the Pathfinder bottle - Nalgene type - that has a cup that fits it beautifully and works really well. I'd recommend it to anyone. I have managed to buy the dangler thingy from Hennies, though it did take a while to arrive. The whole set up works very effectively in the field in different configurations. I've also got a Pathfinder Mors pot that is an excellent addition to a cooking system. Used together, I've managed to keep 4 people fed on a trip.

All the best.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
There is the DHK canteen, but impossible to find on sale.

http://www.dhki.com/Defense/p_solbotle.htm

Good find mate, thanks for the link - looks like a wholesaler but still, that looks like a fit if one could be sourced...

Fully aware of the alternative Pathfinder kit but that would mean a complete change in setup (and price!) which would go against my existing kit and casual supplier of mil kit 😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE