Parking at Windermere

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marshall4771

Forager
Jan 5, 2004
Bingley,West Yorkshire
Hi - I dont know if this is the right place to post this question but here goes.

I need parking for two vehicles in the Windermere area for two nights ie Tuesday 23/8/05 and Wednesday 24/8/05.

The more secure the better, I need to leave the vehicles so that I can canoe the lake with a mate and wild camp on the shore for the two nights.

Has anyone got any suggestions or information on a suitable parking spot.

Cheers

Shaun

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Hi,
As far as I know all parkings around Windermere are strictly "no overnight stays/camping". I would recommend you to find a camping near the lake and stay there, Windermere is not directly wilderness :( with all the tourist around this time of the year.

On monday I'll ask a co-worker who lives nearby if she has any ideas, she has a boat on Windermere and should have better information than me.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
My co-worker just confirmed my last post, wild camping on Windermere is going to get you into a lot of trouble and there isn't anywhere to park for more than 24 hours. Sereral camp sites available around the lake however.

Any special reasons that you have choosen Windermere? Ullswater is quiter and much better for paddling, and in my oppinion much more beautiful.

marshall4771

Forager
Jan 5, 2004
Bingley,West Yorkshire
Hi Tommy,

Great minds think alike , Ullswater is now the new venue for paddling, however, we have wimped out and booked into the campsite at Brotherswater for tonight and Wednesday night. We still aim to canoe but have decided to fit in a saunter up Helvelyn on Thursday prior to coming home.

Thanks for the advice and if you want to meet up for a beer, you know where to find us, I will be in the little orange dome tent.

Shaun.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
You can actual camp on Ullswater.(I know it is a bit late).

But for future refrence, if you go to the village of Poole Bridge and follow the signs for camping turning right, you go past 'a has everything campsite' and come to a quiet farm site, on the lake with lauching points and everything.

Could post picture but not sure how, on this board.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE