Parkes Kent Pattern axe refurb & modification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
A Parkes Kent pattern axe that was given to me by my sister, which I refurbed & modified.
The axe head originally weighed 1.5lbs, and now weighs just under 1lb.
The shaft is hickory and is 11.25" long (approx. 2" shorter than my GB Wildlife Hatchet).
The axe has been sharpened & stropped and is very sharp, I had a quick play with it today in between showers and it can easily keep up with the Wildlife Hatchet. I also made a mask for it which I am very happy with, as leatherwork is not my strong point, I just need more practice. (I have upmost respect for some fantastic leatherwork I have seen on her). But it works.

I hope you like it ?

P.S. The first picture with the shaft in place looks good but was loose with a couple of slotted screws in there as a wedge.

DSCN2985.jpgDSCN2987.jpgDSCN2988.jpgDSCN2989.jpgDSCN2990.jpgDSCN2991.jpgDSCN2994.jpgDSCN2995.jpgDSCN2996.jpgDSCN2997.jpgDSCN3014.jpgDSCN3015.jpgDSCN3016.jpg

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
It's amazing what can be done with a rusty old tool! looks brilliant mate :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Its nice to see Old tools brought in to use, nice refrub you have somthing of your own that you done goodjob, its also a good feel that not to my taste good to see tho. I am the same with my leather work mate, wishing I could do better, but it does the job, yours look ok to me.

Perrari

Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Your right there Stu, it is nice to see them being brought back to life rather than just rusting in a shed or garden. Also a very satisfying thing to do.

Its nice to see Old tools brought in to use, nice refrub you have somthing of your own that you done goodjob, its also a good feel that not to my taste good to see tho. I am the same with my leather work mate, wishing I could do better, but it does the job, yours look ok to me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE