Parang and Parang XL.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Are there any of the bushcraft parangs left? I would possibly like to get one one if they are still available.

If you mean the FKMD parangs, then yes.

I returned two unsold XLs to FKMD via Heinnie for replacement under warranty. I had damaged one of them, with very little effort, cutting relatively soft wood. According to Heinnie the replacements are due to be with me around the end of January. They are supposed to be tougher than the ones I returned.

I have one of the six-inch left unsold and unused. It includes the survival kit. I gave one of these to my wife at Christmas. She likes it a lot, in fact it's by her side on the sofa right now. :rolleyes: A week or so ago I used it to cut some hard dead wood on a fallen ash to clear a path. I was not gentle with it. Afterwards it showed no sign of damage, even the black coating was still in great shape. Then I made a spoon with it and some of the ash I'd cut up. I found I particularly like its spine for using two thumbs to do push cuts. Unfortunately the handle is a bit too small for my wide hands. I'm thinking about making another handle. :) A couple of days ago my wife used it to cut up some fabric :rolleyes: and it was still pretty much as sharp as it came out of the box, even after hacking through that hard ash.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
GED

Once again, thank you for going above and beyond!

I have the smaller parrang and love it, great knife and holds an edge well!

Ash

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
Guys I recieved my Parang Yesterday.
A brand new XL !

Good Service Ged, Hennies,FOX.

I am problay gonna sell mine because of the fact that I bought a Husq Hatchet which I love!

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
As far as I know the have an other heat threating which brings tougher steel.
So the Parangs can get some heavier work to handle
But Ged can inform you more about it.

(I sended him an email around 13 jan. and he was saying that he was going to Europe for a few weeks so he could be afk)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE