Paracording lanyard spree

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I thought the hole in the end of the handle is made to attach there a longer cord that enables us to find the knife if fallen into the snow and the best colour for it would be bright orange.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Tricky to explain so bare with me ...
Instead of tying the lanyard through the eye of the knife as a single strand, tie it as a completely separate loop.

Push the plain end of the loop through the eye of the knife and then pass the fancy knotted end through the loop.

Remove and refit as the task demands, easy, simple & quick

No doubt that's come across as being as clear as mud :0)
Larks foot?

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Try the method used for the old fashioned British Police truncheon and perfected over many centuries.of having to retain something important but also having the option to let it go....

Loop through the lanyard hole should be long enough so it can fit across the back of your hand once looped around your thumb.

A good firm grip is afforded, no excess danglage (is that a word...it should be) and you can retain it by the thumb if it slips but equally let it go in an instant.

+1 for orange cord, Swiss Army Knives were bright red for a reason.

Reactions: JonathanD

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Long orange lanyards are critical here. Drop stuff in 12-24" fresh snow and chances are, you won't find it until spring. Sheet like warm car keys sinking fast.
Then you stick the wet key in the door lock and come back later to find the damn door frozen shut at -20C.
It's like putting on insulated gloves or mittens, you don't need them all the time.

Pack your campsite with snowshoes and wait 20 minutes for the disturbed snow to set up. Living is easy. Hell of a thing. Seeing fresh snow up top and my thoughts turned to sharpening the ice claws on my Sherpas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE