Paracord (where to get)

Devon8822

Apr 20, 2008
Canada
I have heard that most of the stuff on ebay is cruddy cheap paracord, where can I find a reliable online store to get some paracord?

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
some ebay paracord is rubbish .but ive been buying some from america via ebay and its top notch,in differant colours as well neon yellow and neon pink are the ones ive bought

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
Try www.supplycaptain.com for all colours of genuine paracord, including neon and camo patterns. I ordered from them last year and my stuff arrived within the week. With the strength of the £ against the $ you are getting a very good deal.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
the newer cheaper type of paracord is designed for a budget and to be strong enough for task which it is, the purists after 5 or 7 core stuff are mainly wasting their time as they are highly unlikely to need to unpick it to use as thread or weave a fishing net out of it. basically you want a cheap strong cord so if its for your basha then you wont need 125kg breaking strain stuff and often the cheaper newer single inner stuff takes a knot better.

I've just picked up 200m of the upgraded version of issue cord which is between paracord and green army string so is basically the same as the stuff they make tent guys out of. I want it for stringing two parachutes up so it does just what I want with enough for my basha's as well - cost 14 quid inc postage. the american stuff is great if you can get it cheap but its mainly overkill. does make a pretty bracelet though ;)

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
the newer cheaper type of paracord is designed for a budget and to be strong enough for task which it is, the purists after 5 or 7 core stuff are mainly wasting their time as they are highly unlikely to need to unpick it to use as thread or weave a fishing net out of it. basically you want a cheap strong cord so if its for your basha then you wont need 125kg breaking strain stuff and often the cheaper newer single inner stuff takes a knot better.

I use 1.3mm braided nylon which I use for net rigging, I get it for about 14 quid a kilometre, it holds 80kg or so, so it's great.

tom miller

Apr 21, 2008
Norfolk
I bought 5 lengths from Endicotts and it's nice stuff. The only downside is that you are limited to 7.5M.
Where do you get your 1.3mm stuff from fishy1? I've been looking for some stuff I can use with the kids over the summer.

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
You could get it from advancednetting.co.uk, they have a bunch of different diametres of nylon cord sold by the kilo. It's good enough quality it would work for semi professional longlining.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE