Paracord vs Cordage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
20m for £4.50.....

I have used, and still carry propylene "venetian blind" cord for years now.
My main use was as guylines, and it stood up to more than a few sandstorms - it
is NOT 550 breaking strain, but plenty strong enough for what you need...
You'll need to look around to find the right stuff, but it is just as strong as the
"run-of-the-mill" stuff you'll find masquerading as paracord... and cost me
around £1.50 for a hank of 100m, although £2.99 is probably closer in this country.. :cool:
Only comes in white, as far as I know...

In action..... :camping:

IMG_1215.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

Last edited:

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
Thank you very much!

I want to get paracord for the breaking strain but the postage is just as much as the cordage..

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I bought a drum of "starter cord" on eBay - cost about 8p/metre - stronger & less stretchy than paracord but only available in white

Thank you very much!

I want to get paracord for the breaking strain but the postage is just as much as the cordage..

Paracord strength is overkill for ridgeline with a 'normal' tarp (not 10x10 meter canvas ideas). I rather have my lines break then my tarp rip. Which (touch wood) neither of them has happened.

I got some from a local DIY store, the rope happens to be from Mammut, thickness... eeh.... 3 mm I think .....

Grtz Johan

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've actually been using a hank of utility cord from the 99p store - it's long enough & plenty strong enough for the purpose

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE