Paracord Honey Basket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Wow! Much harder than he makes it look on the tutorial. The actual knotting is straightforward enough (though I did mess it up in a couple of places) but getting the lengths and the tension right is tricky. Going to have to try another one but might use climbing accessory cord instead of paracord - it is a bit thicker, and probably easier to work with until I get the hang of it.
honeybasket.jpg
Going to do a variation on this and build the basket around a bottle of whisky for my Dad this Christmas instead of using wrapping paper.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Good luck with that! Spent most of this evening weaving this around a water bottle:

3f44b299.jpg

You can weave it inside out already which helps to get the tension right.

Monkeys fist to finish (actually start) the tail off

After checking out the original link posted by Dean, and viewing a few of the other tutorials by the same bloke, I ordered his book from a company named after a famous river. It arrived this morning and at first glance looks really good with loads of projects that will keep my man-knitting skills tested. I also found out from the blurb on the back of the book that there is actually an "International Guild of Knot Tyers" (www.igkt.net) - how weird is that?!

(What would be really weird is if there were loads of replies to this saying, "Of course there's an International Guild of Knot Tyers, we're all members, you mean to say you aren't?)

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
After checking out the original link posted by Dean, and viewing a few of the other tutorials by the same bloke, I ordered his book from a company named after a famous river. It arrived this morning and at first glance looks really good with loads of projects that will keep my man-knitting skills tested.

You will have to let us know if the book is worth buying. Due to the amount of video's the guy has on youtube I would have thought the book would be empty, I guess when you come up with three new knots a week they would have to go somewhere.

Yeah, I did wonder if the book would be worth getting considering it all seems to be online, but he kind of hints he's kept a few things back for the book, also I can take the book and a bit of cord with me if I'm out somewhere with no power or phone signal and while away any free time. Besides, I just love books!
When I've had time to have a proper look I'll post a mini-review on here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE