Paracord & Credit Card_a way to store it

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hi all,
I saw this method on Youtube and tryied to do...it's pretty cool I guess
Well, here we have 25 metres paracord, an (old :) credit card, the stuff to make holes

4 holes at the corners

passing paracord througtout one hole

fixing the paracord

now it's just matter to wrap up paracord both orizontally and vertically around the credit card, passing throughout the holes when needed, at the end I have this

Ciao! Alfredo

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
cool! - do you have any intermediate pictures of how the additional 3 holes are used? I can't quite see where they come in to play.... :eek:

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
Alfredo

this looks like a nice way to create a "ball" of paracord , but everytime I try to unwind some paracord or rope to use I normally end up with a tangle.

What I'd like is a method of bunching para cord up in connected , say one metre lengths,
so once you've cut the required length , its still "under control"

Any suggestions ?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That's all well and good, but the queue at the petrol station is going to be huge everytime I have to get my card out.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Alfredo

this looks like a nice way to create a "ball" of paracord , but everytime I try to unwind some paracord or rope to use I normally end up with a tangle.

What I'd like is a method of bunching para cord up in connected , say one metre lengths,
so once you've cut the required length , its still "under control"

Any suggestions ?

I use a plait to keep an assortment of sewing threads in my hussif, no reason that shouldn't work with paracord. Just use a couple of those narrow scrunchies for hair to tether the ends.

cheers,
Toddy

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Wonder if you could make the holes close to the edge, and then turn them into slots? If that would work, it is actual a brillant way to keep paracord, and I would not be surprised if you could hold more than they did as well.

Did not like the tape at the end.

Wonder if you could also get away with three or four holes in the centre instead of the tape at the start?

Need to go find a useless card to practice this on.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Just cut the paracord into easily managed lengths...
happy0009.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE