Parachute

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hello all. Just wanted to inform that I will be taking a parachute certificate in a few weeks. Arranged by my boarding school. It will be cool I think, we get about 5 jumps and after that 10 jumps and then we get the certificate. :) It will be static line (of course). After that going to sew on an 'Airborne' badge; same as the american troops wore under D-day. Take care.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's brill mate!! First step towards terminal velocity :eek: :D
I did some parachuting (static line) myself and it was absolutely great! I'm sure you'll love it to bits :D Only thing I had a bit of a problem with was jumping for the very first time out of a perfectly good airplane :rolleyes: - But that's normal I think ;)
Just as with bushcrafters: sky divers are a great bunch, and you'll only see them smiling :D

At the moment I'm (also) saving for an AFF (Accelarated Free Fall) course, pretty pricy ... And I'm looking for a school who teaches free fall with a windturbine thing (like a 747 engine type of thing turned 90 degrees) - they say you'll learn much faster to keep your bud stable on that thing :D ;)

Have fun mate!!

Johannogeenkeer.bmp

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Yesterday I did 2 jumps from 1000 m. It is an incredible feeling to jump out of a small plane in that height, I can't even describe how great it was. :D We had to step out of course and then let go, first you're a bit scared, but in the end we all did it, without hesitating. :) Expensive sport, but the adrenaline is very high and very nice. ;)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I did a charity jump out of an old Antonov Biplane, it was the largest single engined biplane in the world at the time, and maybe still is!! All the writing was in russian, you know, backwards R's and upside down A's, and after the first few people jumped, bits started to fall off the plane! This along with the fact that the pilots gave it "Tally ho and pip old boy" in the most english accent possible, I couldn't get out quickly enough, but still went blind with fear, I'm sure!!

Well done with the static jump, it does take a bit of courage to throw yourself willingly out of a perfectly serviceable plane that is going to land in a few minutes anyway, and to trust your life in the hands of an over sized hanky and a ball of string!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE