Parachute up for trade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
Ex Military Medium Drop Parachute

At the end of March I will be in the position to get rid of the above item.
Olive green in colour
There are a few minor holes in it, but apart from them it still makes a good overhead shelter to carryout instruction in.
The picture, although not the best, gives you an idea of how large it is.
parachute.jpg

Any interested parties should send me a message. I will consider almost reasonable trade.

Cheers Cronos

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'll swap you for my wife and half a curly wurly!!

Seriously though, I'm not too sure if I have anything you would want, I've been after one for a while but they are like rocking horse doo doo!!

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
To tell you the truth I’ am not sure on the trade value. I recon that it’s worth about (and don’t quote me, do some research) £60.
Without opening it up and I will not be able to do that until I get back to Germany, but I think it’s about 36 panels.
As for weight again at a guess, it weighs about the same as my lad, which is 2 stone.
The damage to it like I said are a number of small holes, so no jumping out of aircraft and the rigging lines are missing.
Packing size; well if anyone knows what an old 58 pattern webbing back pack looks like. I keep it in one of those, but it is bursting out of the seams.
Accommodation size; I’ve had a large fire under it, when it has been suspended of the ground, with a gap at the ground to edge of about 5 foot. Inside there has been enough room to house 20 Marine Cadets seat on their royal backsides whist I instructed them.

What am I looking for, I think a nice knife, shelter of some description or maybe a cooking system of some sorts. Like I said offers will be considered.

Chip

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Is it a T10 parachute?
Some info to guide you...

The static line-deployed T-10C Parachute is used for combat mass assault airborne operations and training. T-10C parachutes are used during mass airdrops, where paratroopers exit from both side doors located toward the back of the C-130s. Depending upon air density and the jumper’s total weight, the average rate of descent for the parachute is 22 feet per second; total suspended weight limitation is 360 pounds. The parachute is deployed using either a 15- or 20-foot static line, allowing the parachutist to be delivered by either C-130 or C-17 U.S. Air Force aircraft.

The T-10 Parachute is a parabolic shape and has a nominal diameter of 35 feet, 30 suspension lines, and a mesh anti-inversion net. The T-10 Parachute assembly consists of five components: pack tray, troop harness, deployment bag, riser, and canopy. The parachute has a combined service life of 16.5 years: service life is 12 years and shelf life is 4.5 years. The T-10C Parachute must be repacked every 120 days. The T-10C Parachute is made of nylon materials used in the manufacturing of parachutes.

Depending on the jumper’s total weight and relative air density, the average rates of descent are 19 to 23 feet per second. Nominal diameter is 35 feet (measured 3 feet up from the skirt) and 24.5 feet at the skirt. The anti-inversion net is sewn 18 inches down on each suspension line and is made of 3 3/4-inch square mesh, knotless, braided nylon. Combined shelf life and service life is 16.5 years; service life is 12 years, and shelf life is 4.5 years. The canopies are repacked every 120 days. The canopies are suitable for airdropping personnel from as high as 10,000 feet MSL.

The bridle loop is 3 inches in diameter and made of Type VIII cotton or nylon with a tensile strength of 3,600 pounds. The 15 apex vent lines are 19 inches long and made of Type II nylon cord with a tensile strength of 375 pounds. The two apex centering loops are 9 inches long and made of Type II nylon cord with a tensile strength of 375 pounds. The apex vent is 20 inches in diameter and expands to 22 inches in diameter when the canopy is inflated. The upper lateral band is 1-inch tubular nylon with a tensile strength of 4,000 pounds.

The 30 gores have five sections each. The 30 radial seams are 9/16 inch wide and 17 feet 2 7/32 inches long. The lower lateral band is made of 1-inch nylon tape with a tensile strength of 525 pounds. The 15 pocket bands have been lengthened to 7 1/2 inches to provide a more positive opening and a 4.37 foot (overall) increase in the canopy to reduce descent to about 15 feet per second. The 30 V-tabs are 9/16 inch wide. The 30 suspension lines are 25 feet 6 inches long.

:)

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i have all sorts of gear i can swap you,
like a buffalo sleeping bag
frame rucksack
dry suit
among other things

i could even come and pick it up saving post/packing.
anything take you fancy,
PM sent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE