Panda bow

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Pignut you should have mine in the morning as well.

Grooveski I have not seen that method before but in this instance I could not have used it as Pignuts Panda bow is a bit smaller than my smallest. But a made up a strecher/serving jig and used that instead. It also make serving a lot easier as well.

Got THEM today! thanks for the extra there was really no need!

I will try and get a picture of it up tonight!

Got the bow strung and Wow is she a powerfull thing I can only pull it back about half way!

Thanks all for your kindness! truely humbling!

Regards

Dave

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Got THEM today! thanks for the extra there was really no need!

I will try and get a picture of it up tonight!

Got the bow strung and Wow is she a powerfull thing I can only pull it back about half way!

Thanks all for your kindness! truely humbling!

Regards

Dave

Don't you just love the Royal Mail. I put them in the post Sunday night so they would have been picked up first collection. Sent First Class and it take's until Thursday to travel about 115 miles!

As I said you can thank the second string to the bad TV that night, you will have to make another bow now :D

If you think that you will need a stronger string for your GIANT :D Panda bow let me know and I will send you a stronger one.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Well here we are as i said!

Will try and get some pictures up over the W/E of the beast in action!

So far the string is holding up well! though not sure how long it will last!

Thanks to everyone for what you have done!

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

And Christopher..................... It is already started!

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Looking on the bright side, a panda bow may be one of the safest forms of bow to blow a string on....
...may be. Never blown a string myself but in theory.... Be sure to let us know how it goes.:D

Looking good. I'd whop some of the excess material off the ends but other than that it looks very nice indeed.;)

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Looking on the bright side, a panda bow may be one of the safest forms of bow to blow a string on....
...may be. Never blown a string myself but in theory.... Be sure to let us know how it goes.:D

Looking good. I'd whop some of the excess material off the ends but other than that it looks very nice indeed.;)

I have indeed trimmed some of that off about 10 mins ago!

Thanks for the comments

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I am online by my phone so cannot really see but if it is one of mine I know I made them a bit on the long side as I did not know how high it was going to be braced. Working on the principal that you can lop it off but cannot add it. One of the Longbow archer's at my club uses the same length on all his bows and then run's the spare up the string and tapes it. That way if he has to swap bow mid shoot he can use either string.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE