Painted Spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dancan

Nomad
Sep 29, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
A gift for a friend .

102_3208.jpg

My first attempt at a paint job with my first attempt with an egg based paint .
Thanks to Robin for putting up some paint info on his site .

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
First thought was I don't like painted spoons, but then I looked properly at this, and it is rather different and interesting. Not to my taste, perhaps, but well done, colourful, and hasn't obscured the wood grain. The more I look, the more it grows on me. It is is really nice spoon shape too. Your friend should be well chuffed with that. :cool:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I like the spoon, my kind of whittling that, not so keen on a painted bowl, like Ellen I also like the Polar whittling knife.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I like the spoon, it looks like you've made blueberry, raspberry then blackcurrent jam with it, very cool. Nice job all round.

dancan

Nomad
Sep 29, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Thanks for the kind words , I'm not one for much painted folk art let alone doing it myself .
It was mainly an experiment on the paint to see if it would work and I got carried away a bit , the white is a bit whiter in person (learning mistake) .
I don't sand my spoons anymore so tooled finish is the finish , I did give the paint a quick scuff with some 220 grit so I could see the grain and tooled finish .
Thanks on the knife , the handle is a piece of maple out of the firewood pile .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE