Packs to mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
Has anyone got & modded one of these as they look good and PLCE /Rocket pockets zip straight on.

Approx 40-45L single compartment sack,small *waterproof* internal pocket,floating lid ,quick release shoulder strap

Also there is the Karrimor SF ECM pack avaialble with PLCE pockets for not a lot of money.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
They look like this:

But I can't find them anywhere offered.

The pattern is called Dansk M / 84 or M / 96
Sidelommer means side pouches.

This seems to be the fitting yoke, as far as I understand unused.

Good luck!

(The only similar side pouches used in the German army are the olive green side pouches of the Berghaus Atlas MMPS.)

Last edited:

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
the only side pockets i can find are these (supplied with/on a pack but i don't know if its a surplus pack or a copy

The UK MTP pockets fit the zippers but the 'fastex' type buckles are slightly different and do not lock into place firmly & they pull out quite easily.
I think that this could be overcome quite easily though.

Reactions: FerlasDave

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
To start with get the MTP side pockets to clip in firmly & some extra straps to tie the floating lid down better.
As its a tall pack the floating lid at the moment sits too high (if full its ok).Once ive done that see how it is & may be some more mods if required.

Reactions: MrEd and FerlasDave

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The rucksack you found there is a cheap Asian copy of the Berghaus Vulkan, sold via the German brand MFH in many different colours. It isn't and wasn't issued in the German or any other army.

MFH is known for a horrible build quality and bad client service.

The original is that here:

But it's an older model. I think it was issued by the British and Dutch army, but I am unsure about this point.

The newer Berghaus Atlas is surely the better choice if one wants such a rucksack.

It is designed in Britain, made in China, tested, used and slightly changed in the regular production by the German army special forces KSK.
Obviously a sophisticated 120 litres capacity model. Different to the similar Berghaus Crusader it has compression straps under the side pouches.

Attention! Size 1 to 4 are meant like the sizes of clothing. You need the right size for the perfect fit!

That is a German seller here, no idea who sells it in Britain.

Last edited:

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
OK so i've finally got round to doing some tweaks on the Danish Pack.
As mentioned before the clips are not 100 compatible with the UK PLCE ones .However it is the inserts which are a fraction to short ,the female part of the clips accepts the UK PLCE ones and works fine.
So I made up some paracord loops so that the side pockets can be cinched in better.
Pics can be seen here as I can't seem to upload from PC (which I would prefer to do)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SpYpsZ5G9ahZxRjq5

Early P

Mar 8, 2021
Sheffield
Has anyone got & modded one of these as they look good and PLCE /Rocket pockets zip straight on.

Approx 40-45L single compartment sack,small *waterproof* internal pocket,floating lid ,quick release shoulder strap

Also there is the Karrimor SF ECM pack avaialble with PLCE pockets for not a lot of money.
I have this genuine Danish backpack and the German copy of an Asian made copy of the Vulcan. The side pockets of this fit the Danish bag but only if they are upside down and only one side of each zip works. My search for M84 side pockets continues.
The Danish sack is just that. A single sack, no thrills, a small divider inside thats it. Its designed, i think, to carry 2 rounds of Carl Gustaf 84mm ammunition in their container. That is why its so tall. It is a sack with a belt and shoulder straps.
It is however, comfortable and bomb proof and the best looking camo imoh so that far outweighs any other short comings. Seriously, it is great as a day sack and if i can get matching rocket side pouches it will improve its versatility no end.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Do you believe that there are German's who sew copies of an Asian made Vulkan copy and sell it for 70 € client end price?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE