oxfordshire & surrounding area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chip Dale

Jan 10, 2005
NORFOLK
Sorry guys.
I’ve been away for a while and now I am living in Germany, so it looks like it is all off.
Once again sorry, but there looks like there is a lot of interest, maybe someone else can take it all up. Its good to see so many people in Oxford and the surrounding area, who wish to share their craft with others.

Chip

mrstorey

Forager
Chip,

Sorry to hear that. Is there any way you could pass on the info of where the location is, and who we might be able to speak to about going there, then one of us can take up the baton and run with it...

Hope you manage to get out into the wild while you're over in Germany - it's a beautiful country.

All the best,

Michael.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I don't mind taking up the baton if the details are available then please pass them along and i'll do my best to get things up and running.

James

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Has anyone found out the details from Chip of where this meet was going to be? Michael, James did you get a response? It would be a shame to not follow this up with so many interested people.

I have managed to get 'unofficial permission' to use some woodland not far from me but would be interested to know who Chip was talking to, it sounds very similar from the description.

Rob.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I'm still interested too and I'd be happy to do something to contribute to the meet-up. I can do some outdoor cooking if anyones interested and don't mind getting some food for this if everyone is willing to chip in something to cover the cost. Bannocks, roast and baked potato and veggies, clay baked trout, roast chicken, alaskan salmon, stew and dumplings......................... sound OK to everyone?

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
jdlenton said:
I don't mind taking up the baton if the details are available then please pass them along and i'll do my best to get things up and running.

James

Any further news on this meet-up yet, or is it off now?
I'm still interested but am fairly busy arranging other things to do this one as well.
If there is still interest I'll try and come up with something. I was going to try something at a local campsite but they won't have us :(
Actually, thinking about it lets combine the navigation and this meet-up as it's getting complicated

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Hey FR
Where abouts in Oxfordshire do you live?

I have emailed Chip to find out where the site was that he had found in the hope I could carry on where he left off but I don't think I'll get a response if he is in Germany :(

I have another avenue which I would like to persue if I don't hear anything from Chip. I can't give any details yet until I have spoken to some people but I have used the woodland for other activities (legally). If I get permission it may involve a little bit of clearing/cutting back to help out the owner but I'm sure that won't be a problem.

I wouldn't want people to get their hopes up too soon but I'll give it a try and feedback. As with a lot of things of this nature there may be some legal obstacles that I'm not aware of :(

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Hi Bootstrap I.m living in Headington at the mo.
That would be good if you can arrange something but I understand not to get hopes up. I've sent several e-mails to Youlbury scout camp but they don't want to know :( We'll see what we can come up with. I'm really looking forward to doing some camp cooking ...............oooh er suits you sir !!! :D

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
FR/Bootstrap,

If you do get perms and need help clearing, give us a shout. If we're free, we'd be glad to help - Andy is an arborist so has all the gear, and it may also help swing things if you can tell the landowner that you have a pro on site to deal with trees... :)

We're based just south of Swindon...

ODG

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Just to let you guys know I will be visiting the site this coming weekend so I will have a word with the organiser and let you know. Positive :) or negative :(

ODG thanks for the info, I will put your offer forward. We have been clearing there before and will be this weekend but at present only one of our group has any arborist experience.
Current clearing usually revolves around opening access routes where nothing more than a parang is required, saying that there have been a couple of occasions where we have had to clear fallen trees.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE