Overnighter with the canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Just a little video my friend made of our recent canoe trip down the Derwent. We had beautiful autumn weather!

[video=youtube_share;c1nLJPW_4cc]https://youtu.be/c1nLJPW_4cc[/video]

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That was a very pleasant way to spend five minutes watching :D

Lovely looking river, if a bit snaggy with trees along the banks, was it running high ?

Nice one :D Thank you for sharing :cool:

M

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
It was fairly high judging by the growth on the banks. Yeah a really lovely stretch of river but yes very snaggy.
We eventually ran into a huge willow that had come down right across the river and a great pile of scummy debris had built up behind it. Even our friend in the kayak couldn't find a passage through.
Bit of a shame but I enjoyed the hike just as much.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Best way to travel hopefully and be adaptive when necessary…..the pub and a decent beer at the end couldn't harm either :D

M

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Best way to travel hopefully and be adaptive when necessary…..the pub and a decent beer at the end couldn't harm either :D

M

It was a fine pint well earned, only downside was the prospect of having to drive back and drag the boats through a muddy field to get them loaded.

Great little trip and a nice video of it as well.

What was the music for the first part of it?

Thanks! Not sure on the music, it's from the free music archive. That have some surprisingly good stuff on there.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Lovely to watch over a well earned late Sunday breakfast! I must get out in a canoe again, it's been a long time and this has spurred me to action....................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE