Overnighter in Donard forest. (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey guys just wanted to show some pics of a recent overnighter (and my first i should add) in Donard forest with BigE. Was a great day for it, we camped just at the top of the tree line at the foot of the mountain near the "ice house". We managed to get some smoke from a bow drill too BONUS. My personal highllight was getting up for a pee at about half two in the morning when in the middle i hear a fox screaming no knowing what it is it scared the :tapedshut out of me and i pretty much ran back to my hammock and set up my walking staff next to me lol. All in all was an excellent night. And i had probably the best morning when i got up and watched to sun rise next to a river with a small waterfall whilst eating some brekky :):)

A view of Newcastle from about 3/4 of the way to camp.

100_0689.jpg

Its a full of these massive pines and pine stumps an abundance source of Maya sticks.

100_0692.jpg

Took a picture to try and see if you can see camp, you can lol

100_0693.jpg

The best of a bad bunch of pics of our actual camp, mine is the wonky one in the back, need to practice setting up the tarp a bit i think.

100_0694.jpg

Picture of the sunrise i enjoyed with my "cowboy" brekky of black coffee and beef jerky

100_0698.jpg

Picture of me with the "ice house" in the background, next time i'm going to get a wee dander over to it.

100_0699.jpg

The small waterfall i was watching

100_0701.jpg

I ventured down to the river and took this photo, i'm no photographer but this is by far my fav picture i took.

100_0704.jpg

Some pine needle tea on the go

100_0705.jpg

Spent the rest of my morning drinking my pine tea and watching this little fella, he let me get so close i was extremely surprised, but it does get a great deal of people coming through so i suppose he's used to people.

100_0709.jpg

Well thanks for looking guys, i really enjoyed it and cant wait to get out again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE