Oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Had an idea a few weeks ago from a Facebook posting. This is my take on the idea. Anywho took a cookie sheet cut it down to the width and length of the Stanley pot made basically a mini pizza peel to slide it into the pot. Tried it out with some instant biscuit mix it worked very well. Took 20 minutes flip it half way through. Sure didn't get fully browned but was perfectly cooked nice and flakey. Opens up a whole bunch of new ideas for cooking in the woods. I'm sure it could easily modified to another pot. The handle makes perfect to hold the lid on to. Bonus is non stick from the cookie sheet. Yep she probably used a decent amount of gas to bake it but I'm ok with that. Tried the fit on some other stoves first shown a Sierra zip wood stove. Was lazy didn't feel like bothering with a fire that day.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Nice i like that a lot.
gonna have t modifiy it for a mors pot i think
Lemme know how it works only thing I'd worry on a mors with the stove I used be more like a torch. But a fire oven that could be killer great.

This is worked out better than I had hoped downside it eats fuel. Next to try baking some fresh pizza

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
I recently did some baking with my Swedish mess kit and trangia stove to that worked really well. Made a post on it a while back. That might interest ya

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE