Outdoors-magazine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jean-Marc is on holidays with family for a while starting next week so important things first!
Only a couple of days of posts will have been lost, and in fact JM already has a working copy of the forum up and running from backup at a different location so admins can look through for problems. It's just going to take time to set up to prevent further hacks and make sure no nasty surprises have been left behind.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
That is a real pain, Outdoors-Magazine has had a fair few problems with hackers while I've been there and I hope you can get something sorted to prevent it happening again as it's such a good resource.

hollowdweller

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
appalachia
ScottC said:
That is a real pain, Outdoors-Magazine has had a fair few problems with hackers while I've been there and I hope you can get something sorted to prevent it happening again as it's such a good resource.

Really. I've noticed that too. Is it the software or what??that makes it so often a target??

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Hello guys thanks for kind words, All is fine, database recovered, but I am holding it.
Wen to too many modifications that makes it impossible to security upgrade, thus leaving bad security holes.
The trouble is that no BB answers what I want, and I have a bad case of "do'nt fear touching the code" which make updates a pain in the ***..

I am left with :
- letting it like that, but in the fear of the next attack.
- Spending two man days upgrading it
- Throwing this #@&#@&#$ phpbb for something more sensible, but vbulletin my first choice is $$$, mybb, my second does not have a converter, and smf, my third, looses some of the attachment information....

Well, for the moment, I am just spending time thinking about where I will spend my time the most efficiently... Not obvious. I may however bring a bullet proof reduced feature version very soon. -- my best option, buy some time to really decide --

Only the forums are down, the rest of the site is operational...

Thanks for compasion.

BTW you can deny 68.201.112.153 staight away to access your servers ;-) I am not even sure my existing logs will be enough to have his provider ban him [not even sure it is a fixed address]....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE