Outdoor enthusiast vacancy - edinburgh.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hi folks,

Spotted this job in Jobcentre Plus yesterday;

Outdoor Enthusiast/Tipis

Job Ref HRG/32532

26-36 hours per week (average), Dayshift, Permanent, £5.93 per hour.

Duties include raising tipis, laying flooring, arranging furniture, hanging lights. No weekend work.

Own transport required to get to local Edinburgh venues. Alternatively they will pick you up near Edinburgh City Bypass.

Experience and strength not necessary but a good attitude is essential. The right candidate will be; Hard working, very reliable, eager to adapt and pull out all the stops to please clients. Keen to work outdoors come rain or shine.

Send a CV/written application to Gemma Foley at Highland Tipis Ltd. Info@highlandtipis.co.uk.

I can't apply as getting to the City bypass in the morning would be a lottery for me, due to distance and heavy traffic.

Good luck to those in the Edinburgh area.

Cheers,

Liam

p.s. that should be Edinburgh, not edinburgh...

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Get a canoe Liam and beat the traffic!

Now why didn't I think of that?

A double handed two blade paddle would leave a trail of smashed wing mirrors in my wake, or I could portage the 14 miles to work through the traffic, upsetting the motorbikes trying to filter through... :D

Sounds like a plan, Cheers Tam

Liam

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston

A double handed two blade paddle would leave a trail of smashed wing mirrors in my wake, or I could portage the 14 miles to work through the traffic, upsetting the motorbikes trying to filter through... :D

Liam

LOL.

Admittedly there are days when you could canoe down the roadside gullies - nae bother.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
One of the farm bams might be up for it...?

We've hardly seen them all on site in the same week, and they're only there about two days a week!

They must be sharing the Big Boys Book of Excuses amongst themselves the shirkers.

The Mari Celeste was busier.

Liam

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
You know, with hindsight - I find that a bit sickening. There's folk here working for the same pay that work 8 hours a day and just don't stop. Is there something in the whole model at the Cyrenians Farm that just isn't working properly?

I'm gonna suggest to Tom and Caz that the new recruits should have a probationary period at the start of their contract.

EDIT: sorry for the thread hijack.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I said as much to Tom.

It was suggested to Caz by Tom last week that the model isn't working and would be ultimately detrimental to the business, the answer was basically they've always depended on volunteers.

Liam

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire

Liam

Aye sorry,
When did ye move?...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE