Outdoor Designs Storm Bivi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i haven't used that particular one. but i've got a brit army bivi bag, you're quite welcome to borrow it for a while if you want to try one.

i think i'll try one from sass a bit later on in the year, it's lighter still.
http://www.sass-kit.fsbusiness.co.uk/ and go to sleeping bags.

cheers, and

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I'm sure I saw one in Betws-y-Coed Ellis Brigham (must check to see if Betws is still there after the flooding :-? ). Didn't think much of it.

All civvy ones i've seen seem, well, fragile. With my ex-brit army bivvy bag I have no fears throwing it down anywhere.

However, not everyone is as rough as i am with things! :-D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I've used the red storm bivi by the same company.... (could be the same one in a different colour). The base is made of proofed nylon which is not breathable (so no good in a hammock) while the rest of the bag is made with 'Watergate' breatheable fabric.... which I'd never heard of. I didn't get to test it in the rain, but it did add a good season rating to my sleeping-bag.

If you are after a good light-weight bivi, there are a couple of good pertex bags out there. Snugpak do one from what I remember for about £55, and also checkout the sass one that sargey gives a link for.... their kit is excellent.

Ed

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Cheers for the replies.
Very kind offer sargey. I might just take you up on that. :-D
I'm a bit dubious about a pertex bivi bag, i'm not sure about the waterproofness. I know that you can get pertex aquablok, but i've never handled any before.

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Cheers Ed,
Thats where I heard about it from. I going to order a couple of the clearance bags soon so I'll probably ask for a sample then.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i was under the impression that the pertex would only be the outer layer with a waterproof membrane same as any goretex clone.

drop us a line with your snail mail addie pete, and i'll post the bivi bag down to you.

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE