Out of curiosity....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
A group of us where out hunting last weekend and we got a good amount of rabbits.

I use a Gamo Vipermax with a BSA milldot sight.

Anyway , we normally divide the rabbits and the rest goes to the butcher. Which seems the fair way to do things .However was talking to someone at work who said him and his friend used to go shoot and just leave the rabbits. Anyone else do the same? Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of hunting?

Lodian

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Agreed! tis pretty bad!

However it happens alot! I know of a few "Hunters" that do it, They take a few for the pot and say that the butchers dont want them anymore

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That`s just not right, just take what you need and let the rest live.

Unless of course it`s a vermin problem then needs must I suppose.

Rich

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
My first response was "Thats appalling!" as I always take the rabbits I shoot. BUT... I always leave the rats I shoot and they are both vermin.

So, the problem is mine, I guess.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I only leave diseased rabbits, or if there is a population boom and a small, scrawny rabbit is shot, then that will be left too. Don't get me wrong, I take way more than I leave, it's just the odd one now and then. Not really much point in putting all that effort in to get into a good position after tramping round thre fields, getting the shot dead on and then just moving on to the next one. It's meat, let's get it eaten!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE