Osprey Canteen from BCB Crusader kit BPA free?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Quick question, I cannot find an answer on these forums or elsewhere after having searched a bit.

The bottle is the "Osprey" canteen and it is dated 2010. It is included with the BCB Crusader cook kit. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether it is BPA free or not?

If there is already a thread on this and I have missed it please point me in the right direction.

Hope you can help, cheers.

Smith :)

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
On the bottom there should be a number in a triangle made of arrows, mine is the car at the moment so can't check. If it is a 2 then it is HDPE, and BPA free. For any other numbers just search for "number ? plastic" for the details.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Just checked mine, Osprey 2010, doesn't have the Triangle, just a two, so I assume it is HDPE.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
On the bottom there should be a number in a triangle made of arrows, mine is the car at the moment so can't check. If it is a 2 then it is HDPE, and BPA free. For any other numbers just search for "number ? plastic" for the details.

Thanks mate good idea.

Mine doesn't have any on it.. only numbers other than the stock number and date is a random "CM/02" on the bottom and on the lid there is a tiny "08" or might be "80" in a circle and then a tiny "1" on the inside bottom of the lid. Talk about confusing. Guess they just forgot to put the plastic type stamp on my batch..

Recon369

Nov 26, 2011
Western Canada
Why are you worried about BPA? You would have to cut up & eat 100 of those canteens to any suffer ill effects from BPA. The whole BPA scare was a marketing ploy to sell new products, the same as aluminum a few years earlier, your body absorbs more aluminum from anti-perspirant or antacid tablets than by cooking with aluminum pots.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE