Orikaso folding plates/cups etc.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Anyone seen these? The company was featured on Dragon's Den a while ago, had forgotten all about it until a colleague reminded me just recently.

Basically they're flat sheets of polypropylene that fold up into cups, mugs, plates etc.

mug.jpg

BOWLbig.jpg

http://www.orikaso.com

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
one of the SotP guys had some of these at the last meet at loch achray, they looked like good bits of kit, really easy to clean/pack.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Perhaps they ought to launch them in a Bushcrafty camo version?

Anyone for Realtree "flatpacked" plates? :)

Phil.

Edible native plants guide might be a good idea, but as the colours in the polypro material probably not very likely.

I bought a set for £10 from Decathlon begining of summer, not used them much, only when picnicing rather than bushcrafting, hey I'm dragging the girlfriend into it slowly, she even borrowed my poncho last time it rained ;)

They do their job pretty well, the material and flatpack nature lends itself well to easy cleaning, lightweight and easily stowable, a nice feature here is the other items flatpacked are put inside the 2 deep dishes which press stud together food side inwards, meaning very little mess when carrying. I've not risked chopping on them with a well honed bushcraft knife.

The folds themselves do give the impression that they might give way with lots of use because they go a whitish colour under the stress, having said that it's just an impression they haven't done so as yet but it's something that looks like a possibility. Would be nice if the company published average usage till failure figures but maybe they don't actually fail.

Something I'd not thought of till I started writing this was do they float?
For the benefit of our canoeing friends I've just checked and the answer is yes, when opened out and completely submerged they slowly rise to the surface.
If I was canoeing I'd get a set just for that reason, surprised the makers don't make a little sales feature of that point.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE