Optimus No96 Bargain found!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

towim

Dec 5, 2007
West Wales
Went to my local antiques dealer today and he knows I like old lamps and camping stoves... This is what he offered me for £4 so I royally paid and left sharpish! :cool:
21012011028.jpg

21012011033.jpg

21012011030.jpg

21012011029.jpg

Little bit of polishing and a couple of new parts and it will be a great addition to my polish lavvu!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
That truly is a bargain. Got one of these meself that I need to get working, used to belong to my Grandad so kinda special to me. Need new burner jet and some seals....

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
:)Very nice indeed. I have one of these bit its tin is missing. I used it for many years when I was in Mountain Rescue. You are right it is a bargain! Lets see it when its polished up and working. I just love the sound they make. Ah happy memories!:)

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
that reminds me i need to order some new graphite packing for my optimus 111T! rebuilding something like that and having it fire up is a great feeling :) yer lucky bugger lol

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Hi Towim, great find I've the same model and the newer version which has pressed steel flame spreader I think the older one is far better made. Any way the jet size is 9 thousandths of an inch. If you go to a shop that sells guitar strings they are sold by the gauge thickness not the musical note which I think for 9 thousandths is E ? you’ll get about three feet of wire for about 80p ? keep you in prickers for life.
cheers Danny

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Nice stove and certainly a bargain buy but if you take it camping remember there's a lot of bits to it which are easy to lose and may not be as easy or cheap to replace.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE