optimise garmin etrex 10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

anvik

Dec 4, 2016
denmark
I was kindly given an etrex 10. I love it as a trip computer, but map wise it is of course really limited, are there any GPS wizards out there who can help me get more out of the unit, can the memory be boosted? Maps added, detail improved? I am guessing it can't be done but any tips and tricks welcomed.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up anvik,

I don't have experience with the etrex 10 (I use the 401 and paper maps) but I easily found this video on You Tube. It may be useful to you.

In case the link doesn't work I have written the video title below for you to search on.

I hope that you achieve what you are after. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex7fGF2sXqk

How to install detailed topographic maps into Garmin etrex 10.

PS the narrator sounds like a Scandi -maybe help is nearer to home that you realise!

anvik

Dec 4, 2016
denmark
Cheers, will give that a watch. Like I said. It is a great little machine for my needs, but it is limited. I much prefer paper maps, but right now I need the trip data. ��

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have a lead to connect it to a PC. I used a free piece of software 'xearth' to connect and then add waypoints etc. If you send me yr address I'll look out the lead, it doesn't work with my mac.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I've been looking to do the same with my etrex 20 and was pointed at talkytoaster https://talkytoaster.co.uk/maps/coverage-comparison/

For the grand sum of a tenner I've now got much more detailed and usable maps on it, just what I was looking for. Adding them is easy, just follow the instructions on site or on the utube vids, no hassle at all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE