Opinion on this tarp please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ehedwr

Apr 17, 2007
Pontypool
It does have loops for the ridge line, it's lightweight and just the right size for covering a hammock. I just bought one and will be trying it out tonight for the first time. I'll let you know what I think of it.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I have one but found it leaked through the centre seam. Nothing a bit of silicon gel shouldn't repair. Otherwise a good tarp.

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
I second the USMC basha £30 + pp you can't go wrong, I've also used it as a hammock as it has reinforced webbing down each side, great bit of kit for the money.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
3x2 is a little small for my tastes. I find 3x3 to be a far better size.
one camp in the torrential rain and you'll understand why. that extra 50cm per side makes all the difference.

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
Wouldn't touch anything smaller than 3x3 myself. The military/hootchie style and size are limited in usefulness and for the extra weight a 3x3 far exceeds the smaller 'make do' tarps.

madelinew

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2008
Isle of Wight
I'm only starting out at the moment so it will do me for now and then I can shop around with a bit of experience under my belt.

I've ordered one now and will see how I get on.

I have a smaller DPM that I'm going to attempt to convert into a hammock. I envisage lots of falling...........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE