Oops!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Almost trod on this little chap today.:eek:

P5280014.jpg

Luckily I noticed him just in time and avoided hurting him.:)

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
cool, I've only ever seen one of them in my life. I was twelve, at a scout camp and it bit one of my mates. :cool:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice piccy,
I do like adders, used to watch them sunning them selves on the forestry roads in the summer and would like you always do my best to avoid hurting / scaring them.
( Did get the chance to cook one up that had been killed by a car... like they say about most things it kinda tasted of chicken - though much longer fibers to the meat ).
My girlfriends dad was bitten by two different adders on the same leg in the same day. Luckily he remembered that as their teeth aren't hollow most of the venom sits on rather than in the wound, so irrigation with water will take most of it away. After the second one though his leg was pretty sore. It's still not taught him to slow down out there, he still charges off at top speed. I prefer to wander, look around and not get bitten.
Cheers
Goatboy.

Purdy Bear

Jun 5, 2009
SE London
Iv seen an Adder and a Grass snake. Once was on our old allotment, the other, we found a baby Adder sunning itself in our garden (ideal as its all paved). Dad took it up the woods and released it.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Years ago, in my teens, on my own in the Yorkshire Moors, an adder that I hadn't seen struck at my leg - luckily it just caught the cloth of my trousers.

I often think how fine a line there is between what does happen and could happen :)

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Iv seen an Adder and a Grass snake. Once was on our old allotment, the other, we found a baby Adder sunning itself in our garden (ideal as its all paved). Dad took it up the woods and released it.

I came across a baby last year. It was going through the full coil and strike repertoire but as it was only a few inches long it looked cute rather than scary, which wasn't it's intention I'm sure.:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE