Ooops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorcode

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2005
Halton West Uk
www.outdoorcode.co.uk
Thought I'd see if I could start a thread now :)

At the weekend I had a little accident when I went to get a knife I'm working on, the knife was in a sheath (but didn't fit well due to handle still being a block) and this was in a leather bag, which in turn was in a big bag...with me :eek: ... anyways to cut a long story short it had escaped into the big bag and bit me rather hard on my left hand :

if you don't like stitches don't look :eek:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/outdoorcode/hand33.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/outdoorcode/hand3.jpg

At least they did a neat job :eek:

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Hopefully it was just (!??!) superficial and not any tendons that got sliced?

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
ouch that's got to be a bit sore hope it heels well how is HRI casualty not been in there for some years.

If there ever was a case for blunting and wrapping the blades your working on in masking tape this is it. hope your going to show us the knife when your finished :D

James

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Comiserations odc, it's obvious now though that you can't be trusted with pointy things and will have to send all your sharps to us for safekeeping - we'll look after them for you don't you worry.

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Loving the stiches. This is what I learned from ETS as excuse when you cut yourself:

"a field test of the edge. Only the brave and dedicated will do so, but it is a necessary test of the edge geometry".

My time isnt wasted there;)

Wish you happy healing

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Wow,
With a scar that big you should've got them to stitch a zip in :eek: , it would've been "handy" for keeping trinkets in ;)

Hope you heal soon Buddy.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
.... and I bet the first thing you said was "Goodness that's inconvenient! I seem to have opened up the back of my hand and it smarts somewhat!" or something similar. (Probably along the same lines but much shorter ?) At least you know the slicing capability of the knife now....

I hope you heal well and soon fella.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE