One handed neck sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
This is a little project I working on at the moment guys.It is a leather knife sheath for a bushcrafter who has just the use of one hand.Some of you guy know him from over on You Tube as OneArmedSurvival....

He asked me to make him a leather neck sheath for him Mora hunter.I also make a foot hold firesteel with a bigger flat handle.This would suit this one handed fire lighting method.

I been playing around with this design in the backyard this is the best I have come up with so far.This video is just a rough mock up of the design so far using duct tape...

YouTube - One handed mora sheath..(mock up)

Thanks for watching I really interested to hear your guys design suggestions and feedback.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I often pull and replace my neckers one-handed. I just place the sheath in my (left) armpit. If I'm just doing a quick cut it stays there until I'm done. Probably looks silly when I end up carving for 10 minutes with it stuck there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE