One for Wayland and Cap'n Badger?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`m calling in at Middlewood tomorrow so I`ll mention to Wayland that he can`t drink anymore and must remian grumpy for the rest of the weekend :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No change there then..............:D :D :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just you wait `til Monday

dwarf.gif

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Tsk!....They just can't leave things well alone.....We're breedin' a nation o' cotton covered kids that'll run screamin' t' their mothers ifin they just 'happens' t' catch a glance from a pirate.....But then..... that 'has' been happenin' t' me fer a decade now anyway..lol
They'll be pixelatin' kermit out o' the muppet re-runs soon.....just incase it upsets the french...ahahahah:joke:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Them pirates be part of da national cirrriculum for dem wee 'uns in key stage one, aye kid ye not. Singing songs, as we all know maketh learrning fun. Ney fear cap'n today wee'uns arrghn't scared of no pirates unless they be from somalia.

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
To qutoe a phrase from microsoft, are you PC?

qutoe ? Sorry, but never tried to dance a phrase from microsoft.
No, he's not PC, he's Capt Badger.

Ok, its funny to me after half bottle of Asbach and an afternoon of Hertog Jan biers

Wayland

Hárbarðr
No change there then..............:D :D :D

I heard that.....
pirates.gif

Seriously though, changing the lyrics of folk songs and shanties has been going on for centuries.

Nothing sinister, every generation adapts songs to be relevant to their own lives and songs evolve.

It's only our own romantic sensibilities that demand that the past should be set in aspic.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I heard that.....
pirates.gif

Seriously though, changing the lyrics of folk songs and shanties has been going on for centuries.

Nothing sinister, every generation adapts songs to be relevant to their own lives and songs evolve.

It's only our own romantic sensibilities that demand that the past should be set in aspic.

True folk songs of the future will be about
"estate agent commission blues"
"my portfolio is poorly"
"my bank is bust"

etc etc :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE