One for the Lavvu Squad

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Ok so i like shiney things and have been looking at what my stove options might be for a family Lavvu. Ive looked at kifaru and ti goat and helsport and a host of others and i came to one conclusion. They are all bloody expensive. further browsings and moochings around the web led me to Russia. Russia is undoubtedly cold and im sure they must have a hunting and bushcraft scene.

Turns out they like their wood stoves as much as our American, Canadian and Scandanavian brothers

I give you the Poshehon

http://poshehon-star.ru/shop/index.php?productID=124 (use google translate)

3300r is about £65. I hear from them that knows that with land based shipping and fees, this translates to £150 delivered to your UK door.

I have ordered one to test the waters and await them contacting me. (should be an interesting conversation)

Will keep you posted, all i need now is a Lavvu.....actually 2 Lavvus as this wont fit in my Andybb special. wish id bought that big tentipi now :(

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice, I was watching one on a youtube vid the other day

EDIT:

Here you go in case you haven't seen it ..
[video=youtube;2pPfPRZnqts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPfPRZnqts[/video]

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Cheers Shewie. That was the video that got me hunting round for the supplier. Took a while with google translate lol. I figure ill get it and if its tosh ill still be able to get my cash back on evilbay. The video seems to paint a positive picture and hopefully the 50cm depth one ive ordered wont be quite so mahoosive.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Just paid for it. The chap does speak English. They only accept payment via western union currently which does bump the price. £124.50 in total so after customs it should be near £150.

Dispatch is within one week of ordering with delivery stated at 2-4 weeks via land shipping.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
VAT request turned up this morning. They incorrectly estimated £40 VAT but ill be able to claim half that back once i send the receipt off to HMRC. Stove should be here Tuesday. So total cost will be around £145 delivered which is pretty good i think.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
VAT request turned up this morning. They incorrectly estimated £40 VAT but ill be able to claim half that back once i send the receipt off to HMRC. Stove should be here Tuesday. So total cost will be around £145 delivered which is pretty good i think.

Nice one mate, don't forget to also charge them the £20 handling fee like RM do ;)

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Well its finally arrived :)

I originally ordered the medium size but when i asked if the stove included an insulated section i was told no it didnt as its extra. I then offered to downgrade to the small version if he would include the insulated part. Anyhow, he has sent the medium and the insulated flue section too so all good.

open the box

20121106_164158.jpg

main stove

20121106_164245.jpg

remove the end cap to reveal the flue sections and a storage bag

20121106_164310.jpg

insulated flu part. much lighter than my helsport one but its one piece with no sliding section.

20121106_164355.jpg

slide the base off the main stove and place on top locating inside the clasps provided. Remove storage plug to insert flu

20121106_164641.jpg

hoof it all together

20121106_164915.jpg

All bagged up 6.5KG

20121106_170944.jpg

Will get a burn done this weekend hopefully

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE