Old Rover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Yep, 3l V6, in its day a very fast car.

Nicknamed "the working mans Ferrari"

The SE5 series handled best :)

Not that fast by today's standards, but I'm considering dropping a 3ltr V6 BMW diesel in it! Now that will be properly fast :)

Sent from myPhone

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Nicknamed "the working mans Ferrari"

The SE5 series handled best :)

Not that fast by today's standards, but I'm considering dropping a 3ltr V6 BMW diesel in it! Now that will be properly fast :)

Wow, the engine will fit in the bay, but will the bell housing have enough clearance, or can you mate the BMW lump to the Ford gearbox.:burnout:

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
The P5B I always liked them, my old headmaster had a maroon coupe and it was lovely, but old cars, the sadness when they go, I have experienced that with two cars now, the first being a 1955 series one land rover I spent most of my teens restoring, and the second was a 1977 VW Devon sundowner which I had had for ten years of every day motoring ad use at week ends for what it was intended. I would have liked to have kept them, but the ex wife you see, she didn't see any sense in collecting cars and besides the money would be useful.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Wow, the engine will fit in the bay, but will the bell housing have enough clearance, or can you mate the BMW lump to the Ford gearbox.:burnout:

The engine bay is massive, that's where the spare wheel goes too.

It fits with the BMW gearbox, it just needs a bit of the bulkhead removing :)

Sent from myPhone

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I once took a "young lady" out in dads rover, & she ended up scratching the walnut dash with her high heels(don't ask), next day the old man dragged me out of bed, to explain the scratches, out of fear i blamed the dog, i'll never forget the look on that dogs face as it flew by the widow "why did you blame me ?"..

Rob

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
The P5B I always liked them, my old headmaster had a maroon coupe and it was lovely, but old cars, the sadness when they go, I have experienced that with two cars now, the first being a 1955 series one land rover I spent most of my teens restoring, and the second was a 1977 VW Devon sundowner which I had had for ten years of every day motoring ad use at week ends for what it was intended. I would have liked to have kept them, but the ex wife you see, she didn't see any sense in collecting cars and besides the money would be useful.

Bummer:deadhorse::dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE