Old Rover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I've just got rid of Rover, 42 years old but very crusty. A powerful beast back in the day, a breed favoured by carefull landowners, middle management and some dodgy politicians. The beautiful glossy coat has somewhat faded and the spark of vitality has disapeared.Blind and toothless, poor old Rover runs no more. The man from eb** said he would be coming tomorrow to grease my palm, but assured me that he would be very kind to Rover, I'm a trusting soul and believe him. I shall miss the days of being out with Rover, the attention that the big old beast would receive, allways thirsty and needing a drink, a high maintenance breed. Farewell Rover.

002.jpg 017.jpg 012.jpg

:vio::sadwavey::empty:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Gutted for you, is that a v8 under there?

Rover P5B 3.5 Litre V8, based on the chevrolette small block engine. Borg Warner 35 autobox, a bullet proof combination. It was the tinworm that got it in the end,
I'm fine with the mechanical's but the body work has gone beyond my meagre skills.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Always loved the P5, the looks of a Rolls but with a cracking engine.

It's in my list of cars to restore, after I finish my reliant scimitar - not tuned a nut in that project for 5 years though :(

If the body had gone, you'd be fighting a loosing battle mate, not that it'll make you feel any better :( Any plans to get another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Just a aside but if any one wants info on older UK built Fords I can put you in touch with some old Ford boys from Halewood, you would be shocked how much effort they put into building them and the level of undocumented changes that where done on the line back in the day.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Always loved the P5, the looks of a Rolls but with a cracking engine.

It's in my list of cars to restore, after I finish my reliant scimitar - not tuned a nut in that project for 5 years though :(

If the body had gone, you'd be fighting a loosing battle mate, not that it'll make you feel any better :( Any plans to get another?

I know what you mean about not turning a nut in 5 years, just not enough day's in the week to do all the thing's I want to do. I'd like to have a go at another but
think I'd better wait till I have more time, Maybe next year. Cheers.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Cross, we have something in common...sort of. My step father had similar Rover, and lovely it was, moved on to a Jaguar, then a Scimitar GTE which at the time was a real beast, fabulous motor.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Brings back memories, slide in, smell the leather seats, look at the lovely dash board, switch on and hear the fuel pump tick in the boot.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I can remember my dad swapping a SDi 2600 for an X reg Cortina Ghia in metallic mint green, I think my mum used to struggle to park it :)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
The SDI was a nice car especially in the Vanden Plas trim, but by then all the look and feel of a Rover had gone. I think Honda had it by then. That said, it was a big car.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE