Old primus style stoves

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Guys,
i was recently given a few of these Shimabro 340 kerosene stoves. They are a primus copy, made out of brass. They all appear to be in working order, just need a bit of TLC. They are all complete with cases, spanners, funnels, wind shields etc. I've cleaned up one for myself and, once you get past the vaguaries of getting them lit, they roar away beautifully.

2008_0410stoves0009.jpg

They came from an old boys school, so are a bit dinked, and have been stored in a leaky old shed for the last 30 years. But i'd up for swapping them and letting them have a good home (they were due to be skipped:eek: )

What have you got??

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
a bit off topic but i am in a similar position and may be able to get a few, any ideas how much one of these is worth?

webbie

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
These are amongst the best stoves ever made in my opinion. I would be delighted to give one a home if possible. I had one for years and took it everywhere.:D

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Most definitely! Although I love my Jetboil, I am not a luddite (honest!) and would love to spend a few evenings getting one of these back to good condition. PM sent.:D

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Thanks for the response guys,
Fred, pm me with an offer of some description.
Webbie, i had a bit of a search and they don't seem to be going for much on evilbay, but there are collectors out there who have them because they are so much nicer to look at compared with modern stoves, and a damn sight more reliable and better made.
Mike, pm sent.

I forgot to mention, i have five in total plus a svea 121 base/resevoir ( no burner, box or bits).

Baggins

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
I've definately like one, would you consider a hammock which doubles as a fishing net, large and comfy, or maybe a cast net that's hand rigged, rrp about £40 I believe.

Or would you sell one to me if you don't want either? If so, how much?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm up for one, what are you after? Good little stoves, easy to get up an running, PM me.

Valuation is hard, we DO NOT value stoves on the stove forum because prices go up and down all the time, the truth is a stove is worth as much as the highest bidder

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Hello,

Just tried to send you a PM with my mailing address but your message store is full and won't accept any more messages until you delete some! Can you PM me back when you've got some space?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE