OK - My Hobo Stove!!

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Packed.
IMG00171.jpg

Out of Bag
IMG00172.jpg

Component parts
IMG00173.jpg

3/4 lined with 2mm ally as wind shield
IMG00174.jpg

With Burner fitted
IMG00175.jpg

And if more stability requierd 3 legs can be fitted
IMG00176.jpg

total weight 800g ish

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Turn the trangia upside down and you'll have NASA at your door to buy the idea from you :lmao:

Seriously though, do the legs lift it off the ground or are they only there for stability?

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
SS
Excellent work there. I'm making one of my own at the moment and I was wondering how to keep the billy central for transportation. Rivnuts are a brilliant idea and you can put stabilisers on them too.
It does make it look a bit like a Cyberman helmet though :lmao: Sorry Eric I don't remember Ned Kelly ;)

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
This place is terrible :D I have a S/S linen basket at home that I use for dirty laundry. I've had it for years and can't even remember where I got it. It's about 2 1/2 - 3" tall and about a foot in diameter - I was looking at it last night thinking, "you know, I could probably make the mother-of-all-hobo-stoves with that thing!!!" now, where's me dremel :eek"

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
This place is terrible :D I have a S/S linen basket at home that I use for dirty laundry. I've had it for years and can't even remember where I got it. It's about 2 1/2 - 3" tall and about a foot in diameter - I was looking at it last night thinking, "you know, I could probably make the mother-of-all-hobo-stoves with that thing!!!" now, where's me dremel :eek: "

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:........................................................ish

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
This place is terrible :D I have a S/S linen basket at home that I use for dirty laundry. I've had it for years and can't even remember where I got it. It's about 2 1/2 - 3" tall and about a foot in diameter - I was looking at it last night thinking, "you know, I could probably make the mother-of-all-hobo-stoves with that thing!!!" now, where's me dremel :eek"

Heh..

Had similar thoughts with an IKEA pasta drainer...

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80112466

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland

Think this ...

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-4322.aspx

... but with a metal lid and many more (round) holes. :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE