Oh Yeah...!! New toys...!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterW

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2004
Nottinghamshire
:D Just been and picked up the new toys from Mr Muirden....

Been after a kelly style kettle for a while, and this is just the size I wanted..!!! :D

Real shame is that I've got to work til Thursday and I won't get to play with it... :(

I'll let you know how it goes...!!

Peter

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i got one of these too,
i ordered it on tuesday night got it this morning. fantastic service.
i tried it out at work today, fortunatly i had my possibles bag in my car with my flint and steel in it so i lit it with that :) i burnt a handfull of dry pine twigs from a small wood where i work.
it boiled up faster than any other stove i own (and got me a few funny looks)
i can see why they get called volcano kettles as i had flames shooting out of the top at one point!

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
I've had a Kelly kettle for a while now and use it to brew up when I'm out laning. It used to dribble a bit from where the rivets are and a bit from the seams but soon stopped.

Fantastic bits of kit. I regularly get a brew going before people using gas stoves.

Simon.

GrahamD

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 2, 2004
Sussex
We've been using a Kelly Kettle for a few years now and it's an essential piece of Kit - I now suffer withdrawel symptoms if we leave it behind and others are using theirs.

Best of all is when you are camping with more than one KK. Then you can get back to back hot water in production volumes!! :D

Graham

PeterW

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2004
Nottinghamshire
innocent bystander said:
Did your's leak from the rivets ? Mine did both times i could be bothered to use it.

This is not a proper kelly, and it doesn't have the handles rivetted on, so no chance of leaks.

Seems to be spun aluminium, and very well made.

Cheers

Peter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE